A Vision for the Dilworth Lutheran Congregation.
“Christ Center – Home Focused”
Faith is a gift, a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8). Faith is also encouraged. We are convinced that faith is encouraged and strengthen through caring, trusted relationships. We are also convinced that the community of faith can and is called to encouraging the relationships in and around the home.
Every people who is a part of the faith community represents a ‘home’, not only parents and children, but everyone in the faith community is encouraged by partnerships between home, family, church, and community.
Dilworth Lutheran is a Four Key Congregation that encourages every home to take time for:
- Daily Caring conversation…
- Devotions and Prayer…
- and Service to others.
Vibrant Faith Ministry’s Five Principles for living and passing on faith
1. Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal, trusted relationships, often in our own homes
2. The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and the ministry of the home
3. Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church too!
4. Faith is caught more than it is taught
5. If we want Christian children and youth, we need Christian adults. (Christian Adults are AAA Christians: Authentic, Available, and Affirming)